In 1910, Jesse Paul Rearick settled in the Cove from Centre Hall, PA, bringing his family, as well as his “undertaker’s” knowledge and skills to Martinsburg to establish the Rearick Funeral Home. Kenton Roy Miller then followed his father-in-law’s footsteps and assumed responsibility of “laying away the dead” of the community through World War II and the Korean War. Kenton’s son-in-law, John Calvin Bolger, then took over the business, while raising his family in the Cove. John’s son, John K. Bolger, joined his father in 1974, to carry on this family tradition of the profession of funeral directing. In November 2014, after working alongside John K. Bolger for 10 years, William J. “Bill” Helsel assumed ownership, with the new name, John K. Bolger Funeral Home Inc. Bill looks forward to providing the same care and compassion associated with the funeral home’s 104 year history.