- About Us
Miriam L. Hoover
March 8, 1927 February 5, 2019
Miriam L. Hoover, 91, formerly of East Freedom, passed away late Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at The Village at Morrisons Cove, Martinsburg.
She was born in Martinsburg, daughter of the late Cladius A. and Sara (Guyer) Hershberger. On October 24, 1953 she married George Dean Hoover at Martinsburg Memorial Church of the Brethren and he preceded her in death on October 31, 1996.
Surviving are three daughters: Sara Beth Sager of rural Hollidaysburg, Vicki L. (Donald) Price of East Freedom and Cindy L. (Bob) Flowers of Santa Barbara, CA; a son, Joseph G. (Karen) Hoover of Greenville, SC; nine grandchildren: Kristine (Erik) Graybill, Casey (Eric) Lege, Michael (Crystal) Price, Jordan Price (Kacie Burke), Cameron (Emily) Price, Shane Hoover, Megan Littlefield, Morgan Hoover and Stephanie Flowers; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a great-granddaughter, Lillianna Price; a son-in-law, Gregory M. Sager; a sister, Clova R. Stoudnour; and a brother, Hubert E. Hershberger.
Miriam was a 1947 graduate of Martinsburg High School and attended Juniata College in Huntingdon. She was a longtime member of Martinsburg Memorial Church of the Brethren.
She was primarily a homemaker who assisted her father with their new car dealership, Hershberger’s Garage, Martinsburg and also her husband with Hoover’s Used Cars in East Freedom.
Miriam enjoyed traveling, riding horses and also attended the very first auto auction held at Manheim Auctions.
Friends will be received from 2 until the 4pm funeral service, Saturday, February 9, 2019 at Martinsburg Memorial Church of the Brethren, Pastor Chris Garretson and Chaplain Linda Banaszak officiating. Private interment will be held at Alto-Reste Park Cemetery, Altoona. Arrangements are by John K. Bolger Funeral Home Inc., Martinsburg.
Memorial contributions in memory of Miriam can be given to Martinsburg Memorial Church of the Brethren, 210 N. Wall St., Martinsburg, PA 16662 or Morrisons Cove Memorial Park, 201 S. Walnut St., Martinsburg, PA 16662.